Thursday, February 17, 2011

Review & Swatches: NYX lip glosses


Excuse the blurriness, my hands were slightly shaky


(From top to bottom)
Sweetheart (frosty nude)
Pink Frost (frosty pink, so true to its name)
Beige (Medium pink, totally NOT beige)
Orchid (plummy fuchsia)


Slightly slanted sponge tip applicator



Beige (excuse the slight mustache in these, I have dark hair, and it also doesn't help that my skin is light -_-)


Pink Frost


Sweetheart (looks almost like Pink Frost, but in real life it's more nude)


Orchid (looks kind of stained in the picture, but that's the color sheered out)


Lip swatches on napkins? Lol


What's left of the first swatches after going over them with a lip brush

Pros:
- Pigmented
- Shiny (very glossy at first, but loses shine as it wears)
- Smells fruity 
(ppl say it's fruit punch, at 1st I thought it didn't smell good, but now I'm kind of neutral about it)
- Nice packaging
- Inexpensive for large amount of product (see value)

Cons:
- Sponge-tip applicator applies wayyy too much product; I used a lip brush for the pictures
- Settles into lip lines after a while

Value
$4-5 for 0.53 oz / 15 mL
Can be found at Ulta, Cherry Culture, NYX website


Verdict:
I definitely recommend this if you're into lip gloss.
The slant-tip applicator sometimes apply too much gloss for my taste, but the quality is excellent, very pigmented and shiny.

Repurchase?
If I ever run out, which isn't any time soon, lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts