Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review: Boots Expert Shine Control Lotion


Gel-like formula

Ingredients list

Pros
- Not drying
- Helps with oil (a little)

Cons
- Pump can't dispense a very small amount

Value
$6 for 3.3 oz / 100 ml
Available at Target, possibly Ulta

Verdict
Overall: B+
After trying a few oil control moisturizers, I realized that there's nothing that could control the oil entirely. This is one of the better ones, since it doesn't feel drying. And even when it is absorbed into the skin, it gives a natural matte finish, rather than a really matte finish like the Clean & Clear Finishes Mattifying moisturizer (review here).
I put this mostly on my t-zone, and although my skin is still oily at the end of the day, it isn't as bad as if I just used a normal moisturizer, and the oil doesn't seem like it's "seeping out," it looks more contained (sorry if this is kind of gross). As far as the "healthy and clear" claim goes, I haven't noticed a dramatic difference in my skin for acne because I haven't broken out much around my t-zone these days. And although it doesn't dry my skin out, I wouldn't put it on my combination/dry cheeks, esp in the dead of winter.

Repurchase?
Maybe.

Would I recommend it?
Not in particular

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts