Saturday, January 14, 2012

Review & Swatches: Revlon ColorStay Overtime Sheer lipcolor in Sheer Blossom

Gloss: brush, Lipcolor: doe-foot


Lipcolor

With gloss

Few hours later (after eating)
Pros
- Long wearing
- Light-medium coverage on lips (con for some)

Cons
- Settles fine lines of the lips
- Hard to remove (see verdict)
- Strange fragrance
- Slightly drying

Value
$6-9 for two 0.07 oz / 2 ml tubes
0.14 oz / 4 ml total

Verdict
Overall: B
This is the first time I've tried a long-wearing double-ended lipcolor, and I'm glad I got this on clearance.When first applied, sets into the lips and turns into almost a film on your lips, which would feel kind of dry without the gloss on top. I know this is a long-wearing lipcolor, but I couldn't remove it without rubbing at my lips several times with jojoba oil, and it also came off in little specks of pink, which I think is a little strange for a lip product.
It also has a strange fragrance, and although it's not strong, the pink side reminds me of paint, while the gloss side reminds me of metal spoons (if that makes sense to anyone).
Sheer blossom is a nice pink with more shimmer than the tube reveals, and is also not as sheer as I thought it would be, which is nice. I probably will only use the gloss from now on though because of the strange texture.

I think I will steer clear of these double-ended lipcolors and just stick with lipsticks, which have more creamy textures.

Repurchase?
No.

Would I recommend it?
Not in particular

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried double-ended lip colors before, and I don't think I want to either hahaha. The color looks pretty though :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts