Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Bayalage on Thin Hair

I totally forgot to post anything about this for some reason, but I had bayalage done on my hair at the end of July 2016. I have pretty thin hair so bleaching wasn't the best idea, and I didn't request Olapex because I thought it was pretty standard to use it now. As you can see, the tips of my hair look a lot thinner. But I like how it turned out, and it looks fuller if you style it right.

The photo on the left is super random but it's one of my favorite snapchat filters, but you can see how much lighter my hair looks after the toner washed out. It was very ashy-grey/blue at first, and then it gets very blonde. I started trying to use a purple shampoo, but I wasn't using it right so it didn't make that big of a difference.

I got it done again this past weekend, and it turned out ok. In real life it doesn't look too bad but idk why in the photo it's very golden. In person, my hair looks very thin if I don't curl it, but I don't want to curl my hair all the time, so I'm resorting to washing my hair twice a week. My oily scalp will have a hard time adjusting but I accidentally bought a lot of dry shampoo before Christmas, so it'll be a good way to finish using a lot of them.

I kind of like having a lighter hair color, but bleaching and whatnot does too much damage to my thin hair :'(


Fanola No Yellow Shampoo, 350 ml 
Catwalk by TIGI Fashionista Violet Shampoo
Has a bit of chemical smell but seems like a decent purple shampoo
Joico Color Endure Violet Conditioner 
Conditioners are always sulfate free. When I bought this it was on sale for $15 at Ulta. Whenever I use this conditioner my hair feels really thin so, not a fan.
Fanola No Yellow Shampoo
Nice of Amazon to send me a used one that's also the old version. I don't think it matters that much for hair products, but I used it last night and it is indeed, VERY pigmented, esp when I compare it to the TIGI one. If you're going blonde this is a good choice, but I used the TIGI for my scalp and Fanola for the part of my hair that's actually blonde.
My hair stylist told me it is very pigmented, but it doesn't make the scalp feel clean, so she told me to use a sulfate-free shampoo (she recommended Redken), the Fanola purple shampoo then a moisturizing conditioner. I also purchased the Olapex weekly treatment after seeing it on costco.com (like $30 for 2, they're about $24 each on Amazon, score!). So hopefully my hair won't break as much as last time.

Historically I've never really care for my hair, but the occasional wavy curl every now and then makes me feel a lot more glam.

2 comments:

  1. It looks great and love that HK top...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >_< It's a bathing suit I got from Hello Kitty! Hahaha <3 thank you

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts