Monday, January 30, 2017

LIPSTICK | YSL Rouge Pur Couture




214 Wood on Fire
This is a really natural pink nude, I expected it to be more brown but I love it!

52 Rouge Rose
This color's a bit bright for me so I apply it mostly to the center and rub my lips together to distribute the color evenly

Pros
Not drying
Pigmented
Long lasting
Very smooth

Neutral
Smells really nice

Cons
"The Mats" was not matte
Expensive

Verdict
Not gonna lie, YSL may be my favorite high end lipstick. They smell amazing (some kind of floral fragrance that I can't quite place my finger on that's not overwhelming) and glides on super smoothly; it looks good even if my lips are dry looking. The packaging is not as pretty as some high end/luxury brands, but you can engrave it for gifts or for yourself, which is great. I got 214 Wood on Fire on sale during Black Friday, and subsequently bought 52 Rouge Rose a month or so after.
Throughout the day, I was pleasantly surprised that the color lasted well even after eating and blotting my lips with napkins.

I mostly got 214 so I can engrave it. But 52 Rouge Rose is more of a token of nostalgia for My Love From Another Star (a really popular Korean drama from 2014). I rewatched the drama recently and read about the lipstick on a blog. The lipstick the main actress often wears is a pinky coral so ofc I had to get my hands on it.

Price
$37 for 0.13 oz / 3.8 g

Repurchase?
Yes!

Would I recommend it?
Definitely

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts