Sunday, January 9, 2011

Review: Revlon Top Speed Fast Dry Nail Enamel

Hi everyone,
I finally painted my nails after like 3 months of not painting them.
Decided to try the new nail polishes I got, and here are the swatches & kind of a review

 Cloud (nail polish bottle)

Colors are as labeled.
I was most excited about Cloud b/c I've rarely seen a pale periwinkle blue, but as you can tell... It kind of clashes with my skintone

 with flash

In case you were wondering, my hands aren't usually this red, it's just more like this in the winter


Lily

Now, Lily I already have a similar color of, but I picked it up anyway b/c CVS was having extra bucks that day



Pros:
- Opaque color
- Dries fast
- Good variety of shades
- Brush easy to paint with
- Nice packaging
Cons:
- Chips fast



Value

Price: $4.99 retail
0.5 oz (14.7 ml) - standard size

Verdict:
Now, as you can clearly see, Cloud had chipped after just 2 days of wear, and I used one of my favorite top coats (Sally Hansen Mega Shine). Now on the 3rd day of wear, both Lily and Cloud on my right fingernails have chipped, with the exception of my pinky (which always chips last). Granted, I've done dishes, worked with clothing at work, but... Honestly, the regular Revlon nail enamel line stays on longer than this.
Other than that, the polish itself is quite opaque, if you put on a thick layer 1 coat might cover the entire nail, but I recommend 2 thin layers to avoid chipping too early.
While I love Revlon, and some of the new colors are intriguing, I think I will be taking this back b/c the formula doesn't last long, but also b/c the color doesn't look that great against my skin.

Repurchase?
Definitely not.

Rating: 3/5

Till next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts