Monday, August 22, 2011

Review & Swatches: Revlon ColorStay pencil eyeliner

Swatched
Shown in Blackberry (plummy brown) and Black


Swatches:
Left: A couple swipes
Right: One swipe

Please excuse the EOS lip balm, I needed something that would make the pencil stay, and this was right by the window.

Sharpener at the end of the pencil

Rubbing test
More color swatches


Pros
- Long lasting
- Water resistant
- Retractable
- Black is very pigmented
- Sharpener attached

Cons
- Inconsistent pigmentation with different shades

Verdict
If you were interested in a plum-brown liner, please note that Blackberry is not very pigmented. It requires quite a few swipes on my lash line to actually show up. However, once you actually get the color on, it looks very flattering on brown eyes. I find that plummy browns are more natural and more flattering than straight up purple eyeliners.
This is probably one of the most well-known drugstore long-wearing pencil eyeliners. Although it still smudges on me, it smudges much less than many other pencil liners I've tried. Since I have oily lids, even liquid eyeliner smudges a little on me without primer, so this pencil is very long-wearing. I don't like wearing anything on my waterline usually, but this also lasts longer than most eyeliner pencils in that aspect.

Value
$5-7 for 0.01 oz / 0.28 g

Overall: A
If you were looking for a pencil eyeliner to try, this is definitely one of the best in drugstores. Even though retractable pencils have 1/4 of the product of standard wooden pencil eyeliners, they still take quite some time to use up. And with wooden pencils, some of the actual liner gets sharpened off anyway.

Repurchase?
Definitely.

3 comments:

  1. This is excellent post for those who looking for a pencil eyeliner to try, this is definitely one of the best in drugstores. Also this is probably one of the well-known drugstore for long-wearing pencil eyeliners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only heard great things about them and I've been wanting to get one forever! Need to go to CVS soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Maggie *gasp* You haven't tried it? You must! Let me know what you think of it :)

    @ sex addict I agree, it's one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts