Sunday, February 13, 2011

Review & Swatches: Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks

Hi everyone,
Revlon lipsticks are one of the most popular lipsticks in drugstores, mostly due to its color selection but also the formula, this is my review of two different finishes :)


Shown in Twinkled Pink


Comparison of Twinkled Pink and Silver City Pink
Twinkled Pink is a bit more pink but both are quite frosty on the lips (I couldn't really tell a difference)


Twinkled Pink
Excuse the slightly blurry pic, my camera focuses weird sometimes


Silver City Pink
Very frosty but with a lighter pink undertone



Not sure why it looks halfway decent on the lips, but it's much more orange than this

Artificial bathroom lighting


with flash



Pink in the Afternoon (cream, medium cool-toned pink)

Pros:
- Creamy (creme finishes are smoother than the pearl finishes)
- Good color selection
- Classy packaging

Cons:
- Not moisturizing

Verdict:
I definitely recommend these lipsticks because there's so much to choose from. I don't recommend pearl finishes because there's way too much shimmer but barely any color, basically just looks frosty. I do want to try more colors from Revlon but I haven't seen any that I would actually wear.

Repurchase?
Maybe other colors

Price:
Varies by location, but probably $8.49 at the most

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Silver Pink City is one of my favorite drugstore lipsticks.

    xo,
    Meli
    http://stylebymeliblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts