Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Essie Mint Candy Apple vs E.L.F. Blue Mist


One coat of each


Why they call this "blue" mist? No idea.


Just thought I'd show the brush



Essie: 1 coat
E.L.F.: 3 coats

Price:
$7 vs $1

Texture:
Thick vs thin

Opacity:
Opaque vs Sheer

Finish:
Cream vs Gel

Staying power:
I tweeted about this already, but I find that E.L.F. nail polishes take forever to dry and chips easily.
The Essie one stays on well even without a top coat, I guess there is a reason why these cost $7.

Verdict:
Even though the colors look similar in the bottles, a lot of brands make a minty green now. Sally Hansen, Revlon... I would skip out on the E.L.F. one, because you need 4 coats to get the actual color and the staying power isn't so great. In this sense, you get what you pay for.


Update:


After 5 days, with a top coat

2 comments:

  1. mint candy apple is one of my favorites (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wearing this e.l.f. color and it only took me 2 coats and dried so quick for me! Weird! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts