Monday, June 20, 2011

Review: Coppertone Sensitive Skin SPF 50 sunscreen lotion





Pros
- High SPF
- No oxybenzone as active ingredient
- No strong sunblock scent
- Good value
- Not greasy (liquidy formula though)

Cons
- Could leave white cast if not blended in enough or if you use too much
- Creases white on crevices of skin

Verdict
The main thing I liked about this is it doesn't contain oxybenzone as an active ingredient. Every other sunblock I looked at in the drugstore had oxybenzone (the most popular being Neutrogena Sheer Dry-Touch), and I didn't want to order the Shiseido Extra Smooth sunblock for the body since it was nearly $40 for 3.3 oz.
This is a great sunblock for the body, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for the face since it doesn't blend in the easiest. They have a face formula in a smaller tube but I read on MUA that it just has a more matte finish. Unfortunately, I found that it actually creased white on my neck where the skin folds.

I'm sure most people are familiar with the fact that anything higher than SPF 50 doesn't make a difference on the skin, since you have to reapply every 2 hours anyway.

It's 88 degrees in NorCal today, crazy.

Price
$8 for 8 oz (value size) at Target
Normally $8-10 for 6 oz

Repurchase?
Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts