Sunday, June 19, 2011

CVS clearance mini-haul

Yes, they're back.
I actually found out from nouveaucheap, who blogs mostly about drugstore products, good deals, etc.
She has a complete list of products that're on clearance right now, linked here.

I was very tempted to get a bunch of stuff, but considering how extensive my makeup collection already is,
and considering I don't use most of the stuff I own,
I just got 3 things.


CoverGirl Volume Exact waterproof mascara in Black
CoverGirl Lash Exact waterproof mascara in Black
I've heard good things about these a long, long time ago, but I never purchased them because CoverGirl rarely goes on a good sale these days. (By a good sale, I mean 40% off, buy one get one)
Now that I'm getting into waterproof mascaras, I figure... Why not.
I forgot if they had "very black" but I just got the regular black. I found that from experience, really black mascaras tend to smudge more / look more obvious when it smudges.

As you can tell below, I got them at 50% off for $4.49 each. You could get some Maybelline mascaras for cheaper than that when they're on a 40% off sale, but CoverGirl mascaras tend to work well for me because of the formula (not too wet, not too dry).


N.Y.C. Lip Sliders tinted lip balm in Sugar Kiss (see my review of Sugar Coated here)
Got this for $0.75 - pretty awesome for a tinted lip balm.

One thing to keep in mind about the clearance items:
They're not marked. If you go to your CVS and find no clearance stickers, don't panic.
Just scan the items on the list of clearance items and see the price.

Hope this was interesting for some of you :)

3 comments:

  1. ;O i'm so jealous! i was in new york a couple of months ago and every cvs i went didn't have any clearance bins! i kept reading about all the deals everyone else was getting but i never got any myself ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love clearance products ♥
    the NYC lip tint seems good, I rmb hollyannaeree recommended it before =D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ cocoabee I think they began again in mid or late May, check your local CVS now?
    @ Liz W Yeah they're nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts