Thursday, July 28, 2011

Review & Swatches: E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 in Pink Kiss




Bare lips


1 layer


2 layers

Pros:
- Pigmented
- Artificially grape-scented (con for some)
- SPF 15

Cons:
- Not glossy
- Slightly drying
- Slant-tip applicator doesn't spread out product well
- Settles into lip lines after a while

Verdict:
I really liked this lip gloss for a while because it's color, SPF, and scent all in one. However, the slant tip applicator dispenses way too much product and doesn't spread the product well on the lips. I find it better to just go over it with my fingers. Contrary to its name, it is not glossy at all, unless you really layer it... Which would feel like way too much on the lips.
I was pleasantly surprised that the medium pink in the tube translated to a light pink on the lips, but my lips aren't super pigmented.

Would I recommend it?
For $1, totally.

Price
$1 for 0.35 oz / 10.5 ml at Target or E.L.F. website

Repurchase?
If I ever use it up, maybe.

2 comments:

  1. It looks pretty smooth and nice in your swatch though,I has one called these glosses called malt shake, tossed it since it numbed my lips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Citrine On my lips I blended it in with my finger, the applicator is horrible. It didn't numb my lips but it's definitely not a comfortable wear

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts