Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Review & Swatches: Wet n Wild MegaSlicks Lip Glosses


Shown in Candy Apple (sheer red)
Strawberry Ice (pink with slight frosty shimmer)


Candy Apple (1 layer)


Candy Apple (2 layers)


Strawberry Ice


Strawberry Ice (blotted with a napkin)
As you can tell, the shimmer stays and looks like a frosty light pink

Pros
- Buildable color
- Not super sheer
- No fragrance
- Inexpensive
- Subtle shine (I'm kind of over the uber glossy look)

Cons
- Not moisturizing
- Frosty color (Strawberry Ice) settles into lip line

Verdict
This lip gloss has been around for a very long time. I remember buying one wayyy before I started getting into makeup, at least 6 years ago. While I do think these are nice, they're not really my go-to lip glosses. I prefer cream finish glosses much more than frosty (granted, I bought these while I was still into frostly lip colors), so I think Candy Apple is a really nice, sheer red. Although it looks like a cream finish, it has very fine pink-ish red shimmer if you look closely.

Some people might think these are slightly sticky, but they're fine for me.

Would I recommend it?
Only if you are really intrigued by any of the colors, the formula's not anything to rave about.

Price
$1.99 for 0.19 oz / 5.4 g

Repurchase?
Maybe the Candy Apple one, or any other non-frosty colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts