Monday, August 15, 2011

Review & Swatches: CoverGirl Wetslicks Amazemint Lip Gloss




Slaphappy - very sheer pink-ish coral
No care bare - sheer medium nude
I would actually recommend this color for a smokey eye, since it has just enough hint of a skintone nude to balance a dark eye.

Pros:
- Minty scent
- Not sticky
- Comfortable wear
- Tingly feeling on lips

Cons:
- Sheer color pay off (could be pro for some)
- Settles into fine line of lips after a while

Verdict:
Because it is said to contain peppermint oil, it smells and tastes like peppermint.
It is not sticky at all and sits very comfortably on my lips. The tingly sensation from the peppermint actually lasts nearly 2 hours for me, much longer than the C.O. Bigelow and Victoria's Secret ones.
Unfortunately, after some time the color does settle into the fine lines of my lips; but luckily, the color is sheer and it doesn't look incredibly obvious. If you look up close my lips might look cracked, so it calls for more gloss.

Value
$4-6 for 0.27 oz / 8 ml

Overall: B+
For the price, I recommend it to anyone who likes a thin, sheer, tingly gloss that has minimal pigmentation.

Repurchase?
If I'm still into lip gloss after I use these two up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts