Sunday, August 14, 2011

Review & Swatches: Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick



Airy Fairy: Nude pink with mauve undertone and a slight gold sheen
Pink Blush: Cool toned barbie pink
Celeb: Hot pink (cream finish, most pigmented of the 4)
Crush: Shimmery orange


Pros
- Pigmented
- Wears well
- No feathering
- Decent color selection

Cons
- Slightly drying

Verdict
Airy Fairy was a favorite amongst Youtubers around 2 years ago. I never really cared for it b/c anything with a slight hint of purple makes my complexion look ghostly. However, I recently wore it again and it is a nice natural lip color.
I don't really care for the scent of these lipsticks, but I know some people do so I didn't put it in cons. It does fade over time though
Rimmel also changed the packaging of these last year (I think) and they are much more sturdy now.


Overall: A-
Despite the slight drying factor, the lipsticks are great quality, esp at a $5 price.

Value
$4-6 for 0.14 oz / 4 g

Repurchase?
Yes.

2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! I own all four of these colors. They are pretty great quality for the price. Airy Fairy is definitely my favorite among the four I own. The smell definitely puts me off a little bit though. :)

    Loving all the reviews you've been putting out lately! I wish I was this diligent~ xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Maggie Oh my gosh! Really? Haha that's so funny. Yeah it's the most wearable for me, I bought Celeb because I saw it on your blog. Yeah I don't care for the scent but at least hte lipstick itself was decent.

    Haha thanks I hope I'm not spamming anybody's dashboard. I've had a lot of time on my hands

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts