Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Review: NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base




I used a relatively sheer shadow here, Sally Girl in Teal


Freshly applied


After 10 hours
It's a little hard to tell but there is definitely a line at my crease from the eyeshadow, some of the color has faded as well... But my eyeliner didn't smudge.

Pros
- Makes color more vibrant
- Not drying (as UDPP can sometimes be)

Cons
- Not super crease resistant

Verdict
Excuse the different lighting, I really couldn't get daylight at like 10 PM.
I feel like some brands are taking the HD concept a little too far, I don't really see how this eyeshadow primer would help your eyeshadow look better in HD. 
However, this is a good eyeshadow primer for daily wear, if you have really oily eyelids you might have some creasing like I did at the end of the night. That is tolerable for me considering that I've yet to try something that didn't crease at all.

Price
$7.99 for 0.28 oz / 8 g at Ulta

Repurchase?
Maybe, I think by the time I've used this up they probably came out with something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts