Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Review: Vichy Dermablend Corrective foundation SPF 20 (pic heavy with different application methods)





I have some dry spots here, so the foundation kind of emphasized it. I think it's this way with any face makeup though


Yes I realize I have a little mustache, but such is the life when you have thick and dark hair, bleh.


Swatched on finger


Swatched on face

Pros
- Decent coverage
- Feels light on skin
- SPF 20

Cons
- Looks cakey if not blended out properly

Verdict
After playing with this a little, I find that using my fingers doesn't yield as good results as using a concealer brush. Lisa Eldridge on Youtube said you need less than a pea size amount for your entire face, but I didn't want to put it on my entire face (my chin, nose and most of my forehead don't break out that much anymore).
Instead of covering everything up, it kind of fades my acne scars, which I kind of prefer to really cakey coverage.
The tube has a very small hole, which helps to not dispense and waste a lot of product.
As far as the wear goes, my skin does get oily at the end of the day anyhow, and this didn't melt off or anything. I never really get the whole "12 hour" wear thing.

Hope I didn't gross you out too much with the up close pictures, I thought it'd be helpful

Would I recommend this?
If you need a medium to full coverage foundation, yes. 

Price
$29.50 for 1 oz / 30 ml 
(available at select CVS stores, CVS and Walgreens online)
Identical version from Dermablend for $30 at Ulta, Macy's

Repurchase?
Maybe, but as a concealer this will last me literally forever


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts