Monday, August 29, 2011

Review & Swatches: N.Y.C. New York Color lipstick in Petal


Top: One swipe
Bottom: A few swipes


Shown in Petal (frosty light pink)

Bought this in my frosty lipstick phase, I highly doubt I'll ever wear this alone now, unless I have a nice gloss on top

Pros
- Pigmented
- Not drying
- Scent reminds me of Swedish Fish candy (con for some)

Cons
- Bullet doesn't twist all the way in
- Flimsy packaging (cap comes off easily)

Value
$1 for 0.12 oz / 3.4 g

Verdict
Overall: B
If I remember correctly, this line of lipsticks with round bullet-shaped caps is supposed to be moisturizing. I don't find this particularly smooth or moisturizing, but it isn't drying. For a dollar, there's really not much you could ask for, although the texture of the E.L.F. $1 lipsticks (see review and swatches here) is smoother. 
I might go ahead and try N.Y.C.'s "Sheer Red," which is quite a popular color in this line.

Repurchase?
Not this color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts