Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Review & Swatches: Prestige liquid eyeliner in Black



Shown in 01 Black

Pros
- Black is pigmented
- Felt tip applicator
- Good color selection (although not all stores carry the colorful colors)

Cons
- Not smudge/fade resistant

Value
$5-6 for 0.1 oz / 3 ml

Verdict
In comparison to the Wet n Wild non-waterproof liquid liner (see review here), this faded slightly more in the rub test. However, it wears reasonably well on my eye (although, if you have oily lids with hooded or monolids, almost any liner will smudge... It's just a matter of degree). I would say on a smudge scale of 1 (smudges a lot) to 10 (no smudging), this is an 7, and the Wet n Wild one is an 8.
The felt-tip applicator is easier to use as opposed to a brush, although it still takes practice.
I don't think a lot of people are familiar with Prestige as a brand, it is relatively affordable and sold at Ulta, CVS, Walmart online (by relatively affordable I mean most of their stuff is under $10). Most of their cosmetics is mediocre, but the pencil and liquid liners are good and I've also heard good things about their mascara and mineral powder concealer. If you guys have tried anything from Prestige, let me know!

Repurchase?
Yes.
But only if I ever actually use this up, I am personally not a huge liquid eyeliner girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts