Thursday, September 1, 2011

Review & Swatches: Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black



Shown in Blackest Black
FYI: If yours don't come out as black as you thought, shake it up and try it again.

Pros
- Pigmented black
- Felt-tip applicator gives more control

Cons
- Color fades slightly through wear

Value
$5-7 for 0.08 fl oz / 2.5 ml

Verdict
Overall: B+
I was a little disappointed in this eyeliner when I did the rubbing test, since it faded significantly more than the other two liquid liners I own (see reviews here and here). However, it still wears very well throughout the day.
I like the felt-tip applicator, which gives very good control if you want a straight line. One problem I personally have with these is that the base of the tip (the fat part, for a lack of a better term) often come in contact with my eyelid and I end up with a messy blob. I probably just need to figure out another way to hold them. Also, the angle I apply at seem to poke my eye a little bit, so be careful when you're trying this out.
For some reason I thought this liner claimed to be waterproof, but after double checking it doesn't. I guess it makes sense for liquid liners to not be waterproof.

Repurchase?
Maybe.

P.S. Anyone else liking the new blogger layout? I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts