Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Review & Application: Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream





Shown in No. 21 Light Beige


Pros
- Semi-matte finish
- Light coverage
- Natural looking
- Pump packaging
- SPF 42 (if you use an ample amount)
- 5 shades (most BB creams have one, at most two)

Cons
- Gray undertone
- Contains mineral oil
- Not sold in stores

Value
$20.99 for 50 ml / ~1.7 oz (on Missha U.S. website)
I actually got this for "free" and $8.99 shipping upon the Missha US website launch, which is what encouraged me to try it; I tweeted it about it on Twitter, so follow me there if you're interested in deals and steals for beauty products.

Verdict
Overall: B
Like its name, the BB cream is much more a cream consistency than a liquid (thought I'd throw it out there since people compare BB creams to tinted moisturizers). As you can tell in the picture, it gives some coverage but not a lot, especially with all my post-acne scars. During the day, I haven't noticed any wear problems on my cheeks, where it's drier but still gets a little oily by the end of the day. I am pleasantly surprised that it doesn't look greasy upon application, since my impression from reading and watching several reviews is that it's oily-looking and doesn't last. While it is not the most long lasting face makeup out there, it's really not too bad if you set it with a translucent powder.
As far as the skin lightening and "healing wrinkles and blemishes," I am skeptical that a makeup product could actually do that, but will update if I see any significant changes.

Red alert: 
this contains mineral oil, and I suspect it might've clogged some of my pores, since the day after using this I noticed some little bumps where my pores are the largest.

Side note:
Oddly enough, you can't really twist the cap off, which defeats the purpose of a squeeze tube.

Repurchase?
Probably not, I still prefer my L'egere White Multi BB cream, review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts