Thursday, December 22, 2011

Review & Swatches: Revlon ColorBurst lip butter in Tutti Frutti



 Top: One swipe
Bottom: Built up



Tutti Frutti (sheer orange)

Pros
-  Not drying
- Nice packaging
- Slightly sheer color (con to some)
- Vanilla scent (con for some)

Cons
- Not much product
- Texture can be too soft

Value
$6-9 for 0.09 oz / 2.55 g

Verdict
Overall: B+
Most stores near me were out of stock of the Revlon lip butters, so I picked up this one since out of the 2 left (the other was a dark pink) this seems more attractive to me. Tutti frutti is a little brighter in real life than it shows up, but this color would definitely brighten up your face.
I am mildly disappointed by the texture of these, since I was expecting a really moisturizing product. It feels okay on the lips, nothing to rave about really. The biggest improvement in this line compared to other "moisturizing" lipsticks is probably the color selection and packaging.
The cap has a clear top, so you can see the color without opening it. 
I've also noticed people saying that the stick itself can get really messy around the tube, which I haven't experienced since it is chilly right now.

My favorite moisturizing lipstick of all time is the Maybelline Moisture Extreme (review here), maybe they'll bring it back under a different name one of these days :)

Repurchase?
Probably some of the other colors, since this is pretty easy to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts