Saturday, August 2, 2014

Review: L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga mascara in Blackest Black


Left: curled bare lashes  |  Right: with one coat

Pros
Lengthening
Doesn't smudge

Cons
Dry formula (not good for thin lashes, the product barely goes on)
Not very volumnizing
Doesn't hold curls well on straight lashes

Price
$8-9 for 0.27 oz / 8.1 ml

Verdict
I remember liking the original L'Oreal Voluminous so I gave this a try. Had high hopes for it after seeing some reviews, but it was mediocre for my lashes. When I first applied the product barely any got on my lashes, then I added a drop of jojoba oil and the formula became slightly easier to apply.
I had given up on mascara long ago after seeing the smudging and "straightening" effect that mascaras have on my very straight lashes, but every now and then I get the urge to try new ones.

If you have any recommendations, please let me know
Random note: I tried the Majolica Majorica mascara while I was in Taiwan and it was, to say the least, underwhelming. Did nearly nothing for my lashes except maybe hold a curl and still smudged. Good thing I didn't order it on Ebay otherwise I wouldn't be able to return it >:|

Would I recommend it?
Not in particular

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts