Thursday, August 7, 2014

Review: Maybelline Eye Studio Master Duo liquid eyeliner in Black Lacquer

Comes with a flat circular applicator that can draw thicker or thinner lines

Left: thinner line, Right: thicker line
Middle: thinner line drawn with the thin side after the liner is wiped off some

Pros
Pigmented
Doesn't smudge

Cons
Hard to get a really thin line with the round applicator
Flakes irritate eyes after 8hrs
Glossy finish (reflects light in photos)

Price
$7 for 0.05 oz / 1.6 ml

Verdict
After about 8 hours near the end of my day, my eye area gets a bit moist because of my oily skin, which causes most eye products to smudge on me. This didn't smudge, but occasionally the flakes did came off in little specks and irritate my eye, so I don't like wearing this if I know I'm going to be out all day. (This is also because I like drawing a wing, if you only line your eyes your lashes should protect your eyes)
When you remove this with a cotton swab, the liner also flakes off in pieces instead of sticking to the q-tip or cotton pad you use, so be careful if your eyes are sensitive. With a cleansing oil this also isn't completely removed because of the flaky nature. After application it basically dries as a layer of liner that adheres to your skin, rather than bonding with your skin (imagine a piece of very thin black paper sticking to your skin, rather than coloring it in). 

Repurchase?
No. Too many things coming out each season to stick with this

Would I recommend it?
Not in particular

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts