Tuesday, December 30, 2014

LIPS | Maybelline SuperStay 14HR lipstick in Continuous Cranberry - a Snow White red for the holidays!


Swatched between
Maybelline Matte Divine Wine (left, linked here)
Jordana Plush Plum (right)


Pros
Pigmented
Not drying
Somewhat long wearing

Cons
Limited shade selection

Price
$6-8 for 0.12 oz / 3.3 g
Sidenote: I always thought Target had the same prices across the board, but in metropolitan cities this lipstick was over $1 more than in the suburbs

Verdict
I purchased the darker red (Timeless Crimson) in this line originally, brought it to study abroad, and can no longer find it. At Target I wasn't sure if it was Continuous Cranberry or Timeless Crimson so I got this one. The first thing I thought after putting this on is it's a Snow White red, especially if you have light skin. Personally this is a little bright for me, I enjoy the darker maroon red color for the holidays, but it's a fun lipstick for when I want to have a bright red lip.
I expected this to be very long wearing, but the inner ring comes off when I ate or drank things, so I have to reapply.

Repurchase?
Yes, maybe other colors though.

Would I recommend it?
Yes. 
However, because it is long wearing if you get it on your chin (like when I eat and try to not get lipstick on my food) you might want to bring some makeup remover with you to remove it. Otherwise there's a red stain on your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts