Wednesday, November 11, 2015

REVIEW | NYX Doll Eye Long Lash (tubing) mascara




Pros
Doesn't smudge
Natural looking

Cons
Not volumnizing
Weighs down my lashes (straightens the curl)
Not waterproof (but there is a waterproof version)

Price
$9 for 0.28 oz / 8 g

Verdict
I purchased this mascara after seeing it on a blog for tubing mascaras, a formula that wraps around your lashes and is supposed to come off in flakes rather than smudges. Having had problems with mascara smudging for as long as I can remember, I decided to give this a try. As you can tell from the photo, it is very lengthening, but if you have thin, straight lashes like me, it weights your lashes down like no other, ruins the curl which defeats the purpose of mascara if you can't see your lashes up front.
The mascara formula itself seems dry, or maybe the brush doesn't pick up very much product.
I recurled my lashes after application, which I hate to do since my lashes stick to the eyelash curler a bit.

Because this isn't waterproof, it does wash off easily with warm water in the form of flakes, which is less tedious than massaging my lashes with cleansing oil when I have to remove waterproof mascaras.

If you don't have straight, thin eyelashes, this mascara might be good for you. Otherwise stick to waterproof mascaras.

Repurchase?
No.

Would I recommend it?
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts