Saturday, December 5, 2015

REVIEW | Jojoba Oil - Makeup Remover, Moisturizer, etc. (from acne.org)




New packaging looks like this


Pros
Great eye makeup remover
Moisturizing
Gentle
Doesn't make me break out
Multi-functional
Dropper makes it easy to control the amount you use

Cons
Packaging seems to leak somehow

Price
$17.21 + shipping for 8 oz / 240 ml at acne.org

Verdict
Rating: A-
As you can see from the photo, I am about 3/4 done with the 8 oz container. I originally bought it with an acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment just to test their products out. The 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel acne treatment ended up irritating my eye when I apply it to pimples somewhat close to my eyes; I may have developed an allergic reaction to it. But I've been using the oil for years.

Usually I take a cotton bud, put a few drops of jojoba oil on it and use it to remove my most waterproof eyeliners (like my holy grail Milani Infinite liquid liner, review here). I also use it on occasion to remove long wearing lipcolors to avoid drying out my lips. The website tells you to add it to your moisturizer to make it more moisturizing. I tried using the oil itself as a moisturizer since it's similar to the natural oils produced by your body, but I started trying other products when it didn't yield amazing results. For my acne prone combination skin, it's not groundbreaking, but if I really wanted to, I probably could just use the oil as a moisturizer, especially in the winter. I don't find using it alone helping with acne too much, but perhaps with long term use it could.
To remove waterproof mascara you'd have to massage this onto your lashes like you do cleansing oils; I found that just using a cotton pad with the oil doesn't work as well because the cotton will absorb a lot of the oil. If you get it in your eyes it doesn't sting, just blurs your vision for a bit.

I don't really use it for my hair or as lotion, but if you like simple all-in-one products this could be your holy grail.

I'm sure you can find plenty of organic jojoba oil in Whole Foods, Trader Joes, or whichever supermarkets you prefer. The one from acne.org just so happens to be the one I tried, I think the dropper packaging makes it very user friendly.

Repurchase?
Yes.

Would I recommend it?
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts