Friday, June 24, 2016

JAPANESE | LuLuLun Brightening sheet mask


These masks are neatly folded/stacked, soaked in serum in this box with nothing to separate each mask. There is a thin sheet of plastic that creates a minimal barrier between the package opening and the masks.

The cut out of the mask doesn't fit my face very well, too short for the forehead (luckily not my problem area) and bunches up a lot (see below). I could probably rip some parts to make it fit better like those 2-part sheet masks.

I didn't find a lot of information on these masks other than:
No added colours, fragrances, oils

Description on Amazon:
For those who want healthy, hydrated skin. Daily use of this face mask helps keep your skin smooth and healthy. All natural product with a well-balanced cocktail of 12 moisturizing ingredients. Helps improves skin roughness and smooths out skin texture. Affordable and efficient essence mask for everyday use.

I ripped it so it fits my nose and cheek area better

Pros
Inexpensive
Brightening
Seems to minimize pores
Hydrating

Cons
Doesn't fit face well

Price
$21+ for 32 thin sheets

Verdict
If you've tried the individually wrapped face masks before, you'll notice the cotton quality of LuLuLun is a lot thinner. You're supposed to leave these on for 10-15 minutes (from what I made out from the Japanese description), and I do notice a slight difference immediately after use. However, I don't know if it's because I'm spoiled with glowy skin (from oily skin or overexfoliating) or most masks just don't impress me. When I first started using this I thought it helped a bit with my pores. I am now about 1/2 thru the box and I just use it because it's there, although it does seem to minimize the appearance of pores temporarily.
This is one of the best selling masks in Japan, so if you're in the market for an inexpensive sheet mask, this is probably the least expensive one I've seen (per unit). Although it seems like it's intended for daily use, I use it a couple times a week or whenever I can remember to, preferably after a shower when my pores are more open.

I really want to try the SK II masks, but I'll wait until there's a sale to splurge on those.

Repurchase?
Maybe

Would I recommend it?
Yes. They have smaller packages of 7 too I believe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts