Saturday, June 4, 2016

SKIN | Sephora Konjac Sponge Duo


Damp sponge vs dry sponge
It takes at least a couple minutes for the sponge to soak up the water and become soft. It is very rough/hard in its dry form.

If you're into skin care, I'm sure you've heard about the konjac sponge.
There are many variations, from Boscia to generic brands. I decided on the Sephora brand since I think the quality of the sponge shouldn't vary too much.


Pros
Gently exfoliates
Inexpensive
String allows you to hang it

Cons
Doesn't seem to especially clear pores
Not ideal to travel with (it'll be damp)

Price
$15 for two

Verdict
Rating: B+
I will be using this from time to time to give my skin a break from the FOREO mini and the Clarisonic Mia. I think if you're not exfoliating your skin daily, this could be a nice little intro to gentle exfoliation. After the sponge is soaked in water it becomes a soft, squishy sponge that feels nice on the skin. As far as the calming claims I don't think it does anything for me, but it doesn't irritate my skin, which is nice.
I'm not sure how you're supposed to travel with this, since it is not antibacterial and will remain damp for more than a day. I give it a B+ because it's not a groundbreaking product but it is great for gentle exfoliation.

Repurchase?
Yes.

Would I recommend it?
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts