Tuesday, July 4, 2017

SPF MOISTURIZER | Paula's Choice Resist SPF 50




Paula's Choice description:
An innovative water-light formula that contains a vital selection of antioxidants and broad-spectrum sun protection to fight visible signs of aging and prevent premature aging of skin.
  • Promotes a healthier, younger-looking appearance 
  • Fights against environmental stressors
  • Fluid formula leaves a matte finish
  • Use as the last step in your AM skincare routine



Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2.0%, Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 5.0%, Octocrylene 2.0%
Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin (hydration/skin replenishing), Silica (absorbent agent), Dimethicone (hydration), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Matricaria), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidants), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidants), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract(antioxidants), Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract (antioxidants), Sambucus Nigra (Black Elderberry) Fruit Extract (antioxidants), Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract (skin-soothing), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract(antioxidants), Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Fruit Extract(antioxidants), Hydrogenated Lecithin (skin-restoring), Titanium Dioxide (texture-enhancing/texture-enhancing), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (hydration), Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate (hydration), Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer (film-forming/suspending agent), Xanthan Gum (texture-enhancings), Sodium Carbomer (texture-enhancings), Benzyl Alcohol (preservative), Sodium Benzoate (stabilizer), Potassium Sorbate (stabilizer), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

Another product I use literally every day
One of my favorite skin care products to try is sunscreen. This one is lightweight and slightly moisturizing. In the winter it's not moisturizing enough to use by itself, but in the summer it's perfect, esp if I use a moisturizing serum beforehand.
When I first started using it I thought it helped my skin produce less oil, but after using it for a while I don't notice that effect anymore. I do think this is a good base for makeup, it has no white cast but it doesn't help with my huge pores, so a primer helps a lot.
I love this SPF the most because I can just put it on in one step, instead of a moisturizer then SPF.

The only thing I'm iffy about is I can't tell if the sun protection is really effective. My face rarely gets sunburnt, but over the last year I noticed I've gotten a lot of freckles on the tops of my cheeks. Maybe it's genetics or it comes with aging, maybe I don't reapply enough throughout the day. 
I have other sunscreens to try out after I finish this one, but if I don't find anything better, I can see this being a staple in my skincare 

Price
$33 for 2 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts