Monday, July 4, 2011

OPI Black Shatter vs China Glaze Black Mesh Crackle (comparison, first impressions)

Happy 4th of July! Wow now I wish I used red, white and blue as color bases... Maybe next time.



As you'll see in my video (if you watch it)
The OPI Shatter formula is a lot thicker, contrary to what I've read. I think there might be the factor that it sat in the mail box in the heat for about a week until I finally found out from the mailman that they delivered it to the wrong address.

China Glaze Crackle has a much smoother, liquidy formula (which I love)
The OPI isn't horrible since it still cracked well, but it had smudges and I expected more. Luckily I didn't pay full price for it.

Price
$7.99 vs $6.99 ($5.99 with a Sally's Beauty card)

Availability
It's sold out nearly everywhere around me. Ulta is the only official store I know that carries OPI, but I'm sure some salons have it too.
China Glaze was sold out the first time I went to Sally's but they had it the following week.
Sally Hansen came out with a crackle nail polish line too, but I haven't seen it in any drugstores near me, not at Target either and my friend told me it was sold out at Walmart.

Which one would I recommend?
China Glaze Black Mesh, the formula is much easier to work with, surprisingly enough since it's cheaper.

This is the first time I've purchased nail polish at retail price (the China Glaze one anyway) and I have to say it's worth it, considering I can't wait for things to come back in stock for the life of me. At first all the nail polish colors together looked a little tacky on my nails, but with the crackle design it doesn't look half bad to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts