Friday, August 12, 2011

Review & Swatches: C. O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine


From L to R
Pink Mint, Nude Mint


Nude mint
(these are very sheer, so I didn't bother taking a picture of pink mint)

Pros
- Moisturizing, thin texture
- Cooling, tingly feeling on lips
- Glossy finish at first

Cons
- Shine fades after 30 mins
- Nearly no pigmentation
- Applicator hole dispenses too much product

Verdict
As much I like the cooling sensation of these types of minty lip glosses, I find that most of them aren't pigmented (I've tried ones from Victoria's Secret, CoverGirl - CG's the most pigmented so far). These are nice on a hot day to give your lips that tingly feeling, otherwise I never reach for them since I like glosses with some kind of pigmentation.
The hole on the slant tip applicator is very large, and often dispenses too much gloss in my experience.

I feel like I should start giving some kind of rating, since people don't really like to read a ton of text
Overall: B+

Price
$7.50 for 0.5 oz / 15 ml
Bath & Body Works always have these on Buy 2 Get 1 Free or during the holidays, $5 each

Repurchase?
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts