Monday, September 5, 2011

Review: CoverGirl LipSlicks in Princess


Top: One swipe
Bottom: Several swipes


Shown in Princess (very sheer pink with shimmer)

Pros
- Moisturizing
- Creamy texture

Cons
- Old school lipstick smell
- Very sheer
- Lip balm doesn't twist all the way
- Cheap-ish packaging

Value
$3-5 for 0.14 oz / 4 g

Verdict
Overall: B-
I threw away the packaging so I am not quite sure what the claims are, but the creamy texture of this tinted lip balm is lovely. The old school lipstick smell is kind of strong, and although it does fade over time, scent in lip products is very important to me. As you might be able to tell from the picture it gives just a bit of shimmer to my lips, and if you build the color up it can look frosty. The pink color doesn't show up much at all, I would not recommend this if you were interested in a pigmented tinted lip balm.

Repurchase?
Not this color. Maybe when they change the scent I'll try some of the darker colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts