Sunday, September 25, 2011

Review & Swatches: Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush lip glosses

I have reviewed this lip gloss before, but I had no swatches whatsoever... So here it is


Spring Fling (green-ish blue with blue shimmer)
Ice Teased (pink and nude swirls with blue shimmer)
Grapefruit Blast (pink with shimmer) - most used because I used to carry this in my school bag lol, not so much now because I'm kind of out of the super glossy lip glosses phase



Spring Fling

Ice Teased (most "pigmented" of the 3, it mutes out your lipcolor just a bit)
Grapefruit Blast

Pros
- Pleasant scent and taste
- Very glossy shine
- Good value (see price)
- Slant tip applicator (con for some)

Cons
- Thick and sticky texture
- Slightly drying without a lip balm underneath
- Very sheer (pro for some)

Price
$7 for 0.46 oz / 13 g
VS Beauty Rush line is often on sale for 2/$12 or 4/$20

Verdict
Overall: B+
Because these are so sheer and drying, I like to layer these over a lipstick or maybe stain. They are incredibly glossy if you like that glass, watery shine. Since it is so drying, I prefer to apply a lip balm underneath, but when I do that the gloss seems to lose some shine (my theory is the formula mixes with the lip balm). I also notice that it settles into the fine lines of your lips after a while, which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't drying (hence, the cracked lip look).
Honestly, you'll only ever need ONE of these. They're not super pigmented, and the only noticeable difference I think is the shimmer. Feel free to get others if you like different flavors though.

Repurchase?
Probably not, unless they reformulate them to be more pigmented and less sticky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts