Sunday, November 20, 2011

Review & Swatches: Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Rose

Sorry I've been slightly MIA, but I haven't tried any new products lately and of course didn't have much to review.




Pros
- Pigmented
- Light violet scent
- Subtle sheen
- Paraben free
- Cute design

Cons
- Talc-based
- Bulky packaging
- Only two shades available as of Nov. 2011

Value
$10-14 for 0.24 oz / 7 g

Verdict
I swirled a stippling brush to apply this the first time I tried it, and it was wayyy pigmented. You definitely need a light hand with this. It also doesn't blend that easily if you have foundation or concealer on, even though I already applied powder, so do be careful.
The cute dual-color bristle brush it comes with is stiff and scratchy, I honestly don't understand why companies bother even making these.
I am not crazy about the scent because it reminds me of Britney Spears' Midnight Fantasy eau de parfum, which I own and don't care for, but it's not unpleasant.
The talc-based con is kind of knit-picky, since most people don't really notice that these days and there is no scientifish basis that parabens actually affect our health negatively, but I just thought I'd put it out there.

Repurchase?
Yes, but probably in the other shade. Considering how often I use blush though I may not need to ever repurchase a blush.

3 comments:

  1. it is certainly a lovely looking blush!
    i wonder how the brush in the package performs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this but ended up destroying it when I tried to depot it so I went to get the other shade, which seems a lot easier to wear (pink tend to look like diaper rash on me if I am not careful).

    I think the best time to buy these is when ever CVS prints out those 4 dollars off 20 coupon and when they give 7 extra bucks with PF purchase (strangely, they always happens around the same time). After a coupon, it will just ended up costing 2 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ L e n a sorry I failed to mention, the brush is very stiff and scratchy

    @ Citrine Oh wow, haha I thought the other shade was too neutral and wanted something pink. Good to know about the deal, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts