Monday, July 22, 2013

Review & Application: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation




Applied with fingers


Pros
Natural-looking
Light to medium coverage
Pleasant fragrance (could be con)
Lightweight
Doesn't make pores look bigger

Cons
Not long wearing
Expensive

Value
$45 for 1 oz / 30 ml

Verdict
Overall: B
This is the second most expensive foundation I have ever tried (the 1st being the Chanel Perfection Lumiere), and I have to say I'm mildly disappointed after MissGlamorazzi on Youtube said this is a "second layer of perfect skin."
Granted, I have a lot of scars from past acne spots, but I found that the best way to work with this foundation is using a slightly dewy moisturizer, because the foundation might settle in some parts of your skin that's dry. However, as the day goes on and oil starts seeping through my skin, the foundation kind of "breaks" and you can see your original skin peeking through. If you powder it's not as bad depending on what powder you use. You can also add primers and use setting sprays to your liking, but as a lazy person I want something that'll just work, esp since this was so expensive. The best way to apply this is with your fingers since it dries kind of fast, I've tried it once with a brush and didn't like it.
As you can tell from the picture, it did diminish the redness quite a bit, but it also accentuated the dry flakes on my skin.
If you're still interested in this foundation, I recommend getting a sample before getting it, especially considering its price. I would say for acne scarred skin like mine... There are better foundations and BB creams out there that will cover more.

Update:
I tried it again recently and noticed that it works well over the Cotz sunscreen which is alumina based and leaves a matte finish despite containing silicone. The foundation doesn't help with pores but I'm glad it at least doesn't exacerbate it.

Repurchase?
Maybe, leaning towards no.

Would I recommend it?
Yes, but don't expect it to last long

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts