Friday, May 22, 2015

REVIEW | Chanel Perfection Lumiere Long Wear Flawless fluid foundation SPF 10


As you can see I have A LOT of acne scars (the ones on my cheeks takes forever to go away, and I break out a lot more often now compared to when I was in high school)

Pros
Light to medium coverage
Perfume-like fragrance
Semi-matte finish

Cons
Foundation could clog the pump a little (as you can kind of tell in the photo)

Price
$57 for 1 oz

Verdict
Rating: B-
I highly recommend sampling this foundation before buying an actual bottle of it. 

I purchased it when I had an employee discount at Macy's and regret spending THIS much on foundation when I should've spent it on skincare instead. As the most expensive foundation I own, this isn't anything to rave about... The coverage is natural but not enough to cover anything for me. I don't think it's particularly long lasting but it does dry nicely on the skin. 
The heavy glass bottle isn't travel friendly per se, but it does give a high end feel to the product.

If you're looking to purchase a new high end foundation, I think there are better foundations out there for less. I think this would work well if you have minor flaws in your skin, not so much acne or acne scars.

Edit (04/2016):
This color is a bit too dark for me and I've been mixing it with my MUFE Mat Velvet+ (review here, which is too light for me). The two make a great long wearing foundation that's the right shade for me, unfortunately for most people it's unrealistic to spend so much on ONE foundation and having to mix it with something else.

Repurchase?
No.

Would I recommend it?
Not in particular, if you love Chanel and don't need a lot of coverage this might be great for you. On my pores and bumps it isn't great, and the fragrance may have caused breakouts for my acne prone skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts