Tuesday, October 13, 2015

REVIEW | MDSolarSciences Mineral Creme SPF50





Pros
A little goes a long way
Mineral-based (not chemical)
Makes skin feel/look smooth

Cons
Too slippery/silicone-y for my oily skin
Kind of expensive

Price
$30 for 1.7 oz / 48 g

Verdict
Rating: C+
Unfortunately, this sunscreen is not for me. My skin gets very oily, and within probably an hour my skin started looking greasy after the initial smooth silicone finish even with a powder to set it. In terms of being a makeup base, it doesn't feel that lightweight, and I notice that concealers/foundations give sheerer coverage when I use a silicone-based sunscreen/primer, so I usually prefer more matte finishes in sunscreens and primers.
I was really excited to try this sunscreen after Raeview talked about it and because it's mineral based instead of chemical based (without the white cast and thick application), but it's probably better suited for people whose skin reacts better to silicone. 
I think I am going to try the Tizo SPF 40 tinted sunscreen next, also mineral based. I read somewhere that Kylie Jenner uses it and I also saw an Asian beauty blogger mention it.

Repurchase?
No.

Would I recommend it?
Yes, if you don't have oily skin and don't mind a silicone slippery texture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts