Sunday, January 3, 2016

REVIEW | Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious waterproof mascara (blacktube)






2 coats
Lucious vs the original Lash Sensational
Seems more lengthening but more spidery

Smudgety smudge. Unfortunately. Primer helps a bit but I still need to carry qtips and eye makeup remover with me

Pros
Lengthening
Very black
Volumnizing
Good size brush
Doesn't make lashes feel brittle
Holds a curl (as do most waterproof mascaras)

Cons
Not as natural looking
Matte tube might attract lint

Price
$7+ for 0.3 oz / 9 ml

Verdict
I really like the original Lash Sensational (review here), so I figure I would give this a try. However, 2 coats of this look a little spidery for my taste, although it does make my lashes look more glamorous. This formula is supposed to have "precious oils" to make lashes "feeling soft and lush, not brittle" and upon further inspection, the ingredients include carthamus tinctorus seed oil, safflower seed oil, argana spinosa kernel oil, rosa canna fruit oil, and hydrogenated jojoba oil.
When removing this with my favorite cleansing oil (review here) I noticed it takes a bit longer to remove, but during the day seems to smudge a bit less than the original Lash Sensational.

I'd like this mascara more if it makes me look like I have more lashes like the original formula, but this is worth trying. It might be really good to layer over a defining/separating mascara. If you don't have a lot of lashes you might not be a huge fan.

Edit:
The Mister asked if I was wearing false lashes when I put this on. I've been using the Luscious more since the pink one dried out, and I have to say it is probably one of the best drugstore mascaras I've tried for my thin, straight lashes.

Repurchase?
Maybe.

Would I recommend it?
Yes, but use sparingly if you don't like the spidery look


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts