Tuesday, December 23, 2014

HOLY GRAIL | Shu Uemura POREfinist anti-shine cleansing oil


It says to use 3-4 pumps, but it's so expensive and runny that I usually use 1-2

I thought this was interesting as part of the packaging, I've seen this in wine bottles too, to give ppl less product? Lol

Travel friendly pump, twist to close

Ingredients:

Ethylhexyl palmitate, isopropyl myristate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, polyglyceryl-6 dicaprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, polyglyceryl-10 dioleate, phenoxyethanol, polybutene, polyglyceryl-2 oleate, dicaprylyl ether, tocopherol, squalane, simmondsia chinesis oil, menthoxypropanedio, carthamus tinctorius oil, capryloyl salicylic acid, propylene glycol, capryloyl glycine, sarcosine, prunus cerasus extract, cinnamomum zeylanicum extract, prunus yedoensis leaf extract, parfum.

Pros
Lightweight (doesn't make me break out)
Removes waterproof eye makeup very well
Light, pleasant fragrance


Cons
Doesn't really make a difference in my pores
Expensive


Price
(at Shu Uemura USA website, not sold in any US stores as of Dec 2014)

$31 for 5 oz / 150ml
$67 for 15 0z / 450ml

Verdict
I purchased this in Taiwan at a department store because it's cheaper than the Shu Uemura USA website (same with SK-II, Asian high end beauty brands are more expensive in the US). I originally wanted the tea tree (green bottle) one but the girl saw I had acne and said this one is better for oily skin. I really like this to take off my face makeup and eye makeup (it's amazing for waterproof mascara). The girl at the counter said I could just use this without a follow-up cleanser, but personally I can't really do that if I'm wearing makeup. Going over it with a toner after just the cleansing oil = oil or makeup residue left.
If I use a good follow-up cleanser and/or Clarisonic Mia my skin feels great.

The counter recommended using 4 pumps, seeing how expensive it is I use one pump for my face and a little squirt for my eyes if I'm wearing waterproof mascara. 

FYI, if you have oily skin, this doesn't make you breakout because you emulsify it with water (making it a milky cleanser) after messaging it into your skin. The chemical change in the product always fascinated me. When you pat your face dry it's actually dry as if you washed it with a conventional foaming cleanser.

All in all, I think this is worth trying if you can afford it, but when I finish this I want to try the Garnier cleansing oil (which is only $6-7) or the MAC one. Shu Uemura was the first brand to come out with cleansing oils I think, so this is a oldie but goodie.

[Edit] After trying a Tony Moly Mint Apple cleansing oil, I realized that not all cleansing oils are created equal, review here!

Repurchase?
Yes.


Would I recommend it?
Definitely, if you're willing to pay the price


Update November 2015:
I recently ran out of the 150ml and repurchased the 450ml version! This is a lot lighter than some other cleansing oils I've tried (like the Clinique cleansing oil, Neutrogena, Tony Moly [review here]), I definitely recommend it for people who have oily skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts