Thursday, April 21, 2016

Holy Grail Cleanser: La Roche Posay Effaclar Medicated Gel Cleanser





Pros
Cleans pores well
Seems to help acne
Very mild cooling sensation

Cons
Can be a bit drying

Price
$15 for 6.76 oz / 200 ml
I saw on Target online it's $11.69 (as of April 2016) - why? Don't know

Verdict
I've used up two full size and a 4.2 oz tube of this, so it's safe to say it's a staple in my skincare. I tried not getting this for a a couple weeks but my pores just felt less clean. I typically like to use this at night after makeup to really clean my pores so my skincare products can absorb better. The texture is very liquidy, so I usually store it upside down or else too much will come out when you open it.
I've tried the nonmedicated version of this (with a blue cap) - it doesn't seem to work as well. I especially like to use it with the Clarisonic or a rubber scrublet.
The salicylic acid is pretty standard for acne cleansers, but this also has 0.05% LHA, which somehow makes my pores look/feel cleaner.

If you have combination/dry skin, this might be a bit harsh - definitely follow with a hydrating moisturizer.

Repurchase?
Yes. And I have at least 2 times
I always get mine at Target, but it's also the same price at Ulta, CVS and Walgreens

Would I recommend it?
If you have easily clogged pores, large pores, or oily skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts