Sunday, December 18, 2022

Best Acne Cleanser: Zapzyt Acne Salicylic Acid Wash

 






If any of y'all had acne, I'm sure you've had your fair share of acne washes over the years. In my teenage years up until now, I've used the Neutrogena oil free pink grapefruit one, probably one of the Clean & Clear ones, some Korean/Japanese ones, none of which I really enjoyed. Recently, I've tried some other ones including the Cerave SA cleanser, Cetaphil acne cleanser, and SkinFix 2% BHA cleanser that also has azelaic acid and an acne body wash from Pacifica just to see if they perform well. Cerave SA I didn't like how my skin felt after, so I returned it. The Cetaphil I also returned right away, bc it is hard to squeeze and slips out of my hand easily when trying to lather. Most of these have 2% salicylic acid but are usually quite drying. 

The Zapzyt is the best 2% salicylic acid cleanser I've tried, it has a short list of ingredients, including aloe and chamomile which are soothing which I think helps with the non-drying quality. It lathers well but not as creamy as some Japanese cleansers. What I love most about it is after using it a few mornings in a row, I actually see a huge improvement in my blackheads, which nothing really helps other than clay masks which is a super temporary solution. 2% salicylic acid cleansers can also be a good way to mildly exfoliate even if you don't have acne, since the PC 2% BHA is quite popular (I've used 2 bottles of it but it doesn't make a huge difference on my skin? At least with blackheads, it does give you a glow)

On top of everything, it is also affordable at only $5.99 at Walgreens (or $9 ish on Amazon currently) for 5 oz. If you're in the market for an acne cleanser or a gentle exfoliating cleanser, this one is my top pick. Walgreens shipped my cleanser for free - didn't even need a minimum purchase $$.
I found out about this cleanser from Dr. Dray, it has very plain packaging - I hope everyone who has a need can find this cleanser bc it is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts