Friday, March 25, 2011

Clarisonic Mia: Week 2

Hi everyone,
I have been using my Clarisonic Mia for precisely two weeks.
I actually wanted to do an update a week ago, but I kept forgetting and before I knew it, I was 4 days past a week, so I might as well just do a 2-week update. Lol

Cleanser: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash in Pink Grapefruit
"Treatment": Aloe vera gel (forgot the brand, but it's clear, got it at Walmart for $4)
Morning moisturizer: Merlot Night Cream (it's been quite overcast in NorCal lately, so I haven't been using my SPF too diligently, esp since my face is already paler than my neck from SPF moisturizers, and I don't get out in the sun too much)
If you have a good day cream/moisturizer to recommend, definitely let me know!
Night moisturizer: Cetaphil cream (sometimes Merlot Night cream if it's raining)

Anyhow, I don't have pictures of my skin right now b/c it's still not great, but I'll describe it

Forehead:
I have little colorless bumps right now, nothing horrible but my forehead used to be smooth, I'm not sure whether it's my moisturizer or my Mia, but the Clarisonic Mia should be able to get rid of bumps by exfoliation.
Also, on my temples, I've been getting bumps (possibly from my pillow case, but even after I change my pillowcase they're still here) and they're not going away.

Cheeks:
The skin texture on my cheeks have always been smooth, other than the cystic acne breakouts that leave scars, so I don't see any improvement in this area specifically, I  think I may be going through the "purging" phase, in which I have little quick whiteheads on my face.



Nose:
I have the largest pores and most frequent blackheads in this area, and I honestly saw no difference... My blackheads are the same as if I had manually washed my face with my hands, sometimes worse. Not impressed in this area.
In the area right next to the undereye (area A), near the top of the nose bridge, I was getting little bumps (milia) there as well, but they seem to have improved a bit after these 2 weeks, this is probably the most positive result I've seen from the Mia.
I also have sebhorric dermatitis (Area B, flaky, red skin) on the right side of my nose, and I think I see minor improvement in that, nothing too exciting though.

Chin:
The skin texture on my chin has never been bad, except for the occasional breakout randomly every few months or so, nothing here.

Those are my thoughts on the Mia as of now, I will update in another week or 2 weeks :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to review your new Clarisonic Mia. The purging process lasts a few weeks. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts