Friday, April 1, 2011

Review: EOS lip balms


Lemon Drop (with SPF 15), Tangerine (medicated)


Honeydew, Summerfruit

Pros:
- Smells great (light, non-offensive; the tangerine one smells a bit medicinal)
- Great as a lip primer (they leave a semi-matte finish)
- Tangerine one kept my lips moisturized and soft for 2 days
- Cute packaging
- 95% organic, 100% natural
- Not tested on animals

Cons:
- Honeydew and Summerfruit (the "regular" ones as it were) do not keep my lips moisturized
- Bulky packaging (there's no way you can just carry this in your pocket)
- Wearing Summerfruit 3 nights consecutively actually caused an allergic reaction on my lips, so I can only use that one as a lip primer

Price: $3.49 for 0.25 oz (prices vary, I find that it's $3.29 at Ulta and Rite Aid but Walgreens has a 2 for $6 deal)

Verdict:
If you have really dry lips, I don't think this would help much. I do think this serves as a good lip primer for lipsticks since it leaves a semi-matte finish that isn't too slippery. For the price and the amount you get, I think this is worth a try, but if your expectations are too high b/c of the hype (like mine was), you might be sorely disappointed.


Repurchase?
Maybe the Tangerine one, I don't think I'll run out of the others as lip primers anytime soon

If you actually want a lip balm that moisturizes, I highly recommend the Tangerine one; otherwise... I still love my Burt's Bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts