Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Review: Revlon Grow Luscious eyeliner


(do they still sell this? I haven't paid attention)




Pros
- Pigmented
- Creamy
- Long lasting for a pencil

Cons
- Smudges slightly

$5-7 for 0.04 oz / 1.2 g

Verdict
As usual, smudging vary by person. If pencil liners have always worked well for you, this one is one of the better ones I've tried. However, if you have oily eyelids like myself, this will most likely still smudge. I enjoy pencil liners for its convenience and travel-friendly form. Plus it's harder to mess up since we're used to holding pencils and pens while writing.

If you're looking for an eyeliner that is smudge free, I recommend looking into waterproof liquid eyeliners such as the Revlon ColorStay (review linked here) or the Physician's Formula Eye Booster (review linked here). If you want a softer look, cream liners are worth looking into but for me they still smudge. My favorite as of late is the L'Oreal HiP Creme liner (review linked here), but the Wet n Wild $4 cream liner is probably the best in the drugstore in terms of wear (the pot dries out more quickly though, since it's plastic).

I think this whole lash-nourishing hype is probably a gimmick, but it gives me peace of mind.

Repurchase?
Yes.

Would I recommend it?
Yes, if you have normal to dry skin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts