Sunday, February 8, 2015

REVIEW | Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm


In 235 Mischievous

Pros
Pigmented
Not drying
Creamy
Very light minty scent (con for some)
Twist up container

Cons
The pencil tip will eventually flatten
High maintenance

Price
$8 for 0.095 oz / 2.7 g

Verdict
I've been digging the pale orange lip because a really popular Chinese drama called Empress Wu has most of the actresses wearing this color. I think 235 Mischievous will work well on pale complexions, not sure about tanned skin. I noticed recently that the matte balm is a bit high maintenance, if I forget to exfoliate my lips it really exaggerates the dryness, which I guess is expected of a matte lip, so be careful wearing this on days you're feeling lazy like me.
I have the original Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (review here) which is more sheer and glossy. I would definitely try more colors from this line or the balm stains in general (they have Matte Balms like this, Balm Stains and Lacquer balms that are supposed to be very glossy) if I find unique colors that suit me.

Repurchase?
Considering the volume of new makeup products coming out each season I doubt it, but I really like these "balm stains," the Revlon ones especially because it smells minty. 

Would I recommend it?
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts