Sunday, May 1, 2016

REVIEW | Chanel Le Blanc Light Creator Brightening Makeup Base (Mimosa)



In Mimosa (supposed to help correct redness)
There's also a pink one that's supposed to be brightening






Pros
Helps a bit with redness
SPF 40
Semi matte finish
Not silicone-based (pro for me, see below)

Cons
Strong fragrance (pro for some)
Contains alcohol (4th ingredient)
Settles into large pores and clings onto dry skin
Doesn't help with oil control

Price
$55 for 1 oz / 30 ml

Verdict
The fragrance and texture of this reminds me a lot of the Vitalumiere Aqua foundation (review here), which was alarming bc that foundation sunk into my pores and did not last. Surprisingly, this primer did help my foundation last longer, and also seems to minimize the appearance of large pores initially, but after a while I could see it sinking into my large pores. I didn't really expect to like this due to its... Somewhat unreasonable price tag, but I do like Chanel enough to pay it. If you are willing to spend this much I think it's a decent SPF primer (one of the few I've seen that's not silicone based, which make me oily and make my makeup slip).

Repurchase?
Maybe

Would I recommend it?
If you like Chanel and can get your hands on it. I looked it up online and it seems like only the Chanel website sells it? I got mine at a Macy's counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts