Thursday, May 26, 2016

REVIEW | Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB cream



BB 2 Light


Pros
Smoothes over pores
Lightweight
Medium coverage
Demi matte finish
SPF 30

Cons
Limited shade range (3 shades)
Expensive

Price
$54 for 40ml / 1.3 oz

Verdict
My coworker purchased the foundation version of Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau saying it's really good. I tend to like BB creams a bit more, so I thought I'd give the BB cream a try. Like a BB cream, it smoothes over my pores and BB 2 Light matches me pretty well. It comes in a pump, which is sanitary but makes the "squeezy" tube a bit useless in my opinion (esp when you can't open it). 
But the texture is NOTHING like an Asian BB cream. Asian BB creams tend to be very moisturizing and creamy (like the Skin79 one I like, review here). This is more of a glorified liquid foundation, but it does work well for me. The finish is demi matte, and it wears well even if I don't set it with powder.
Unfortunately I can't tell how much is left since the tube is pretty stiff.
I don't trust SPF in foundations bc you have to apply liberally for it to be effective, but I thought I'd put it in there. This is the first Guerlain product I've tried, maybe if they come out with something really unique I'll take another look at the brand.

I've been liking my skin with no coverup recently since it's mostly old scars, it's really freeing. :)

Repurchase?
Maybe

Would I recommend it?
If you're willing to shell out $54 and the shades match you, I think it's a great foundation.

After 14 hrs, no setting powder/spray and no touch ups - I'm pretty impressed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts