Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Makeup Story Tag

Hi everyone,
As usual, I wasn't tagged, but this looks like an interesting one :)
Feel free to do it!


Questions:

1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
I started wearing clear lip gloss in like, maybe 7th or 8th grade.
In terms of makeup makeup, I think I started wearing mascara occasionally towards the end of sophomore year, then started wearing it consistently junior year, sometimes adding lip gloss. I didn't start wearing concealer till maybe mid-senior year.

2. How did you get into makeup?
In I believe 7th or 8th grade, I ran out of the cheapie lip balm I got at Walmart, so I went back to see what else I should get, I kind of got into SoftLips. Later, after I started subscribing to Seventeen magazine, the CoverGirl Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers lip gloss was heavily advertised.
This one time my mom and I were at Longs Drugs, and I wanted to get the new CoverGirl Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers lip gloss, and it was on sale with the CoverGirl Fantastic Lash mascara (I believe this was the middle of sophomore year, I think early 2008)
We got it, and I wasn't sure if I was applying it right b/c I felt like it didn't make that much difference, so I went online or Youtube to search for it... And I found MichellePhan's Natural Looking Makeup video, which you can see here.
After that I'd always look for BOGOF sales in drugstores to see what I can add to my collection
The rest is history :)

3. What are some of your favorite brands?
I don't really have a favorite brand, there are hits and misses in EVERY brand. But as of right now I've been really liking Maybelline, I use the Mineral Power concealer every time I'm going somewhere.

4. What does makeup mean to you?
Confidence, it usually makes me feel better (mostly by covering up my acne and scars)

5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
Concealer, powder, lipgloss or lipstick, mascara
Concealer makes the whole face look better because I don't look like I have spots everywhere, I have oily skin so powder is a definite must. I like having something on my lips, and mascara makes my eyes look bigger :)

6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
How it can enhance your features and covers up your flaws, like juicystar07 said in her video, a confidence boost.

7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup?
I LOVE drugstore makeup, but I almost always buy it on sale because there are always sales that you could take advantage of. High end makeup is great for people who have sensitive skin or eyes, and I do own a couple of high end products that I've heard is good... But I will probably always own mostly drugstore makeup. It's a lot more affordable.

8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?
Don't wear eyeliner on your bottom lash line if you have smaller eyes, UNLESS you're taking pictures. I have medium sized eyes, and I find that my eyes look a lot bigger without bottom liner than with.

9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
I guess, dark lipstick and/or tadpole eyebrows. 

10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
I think it's great because we could all share knowledge about makeup and products... But the haters get really annoying sometimes, it's like, do you have nothing better to do but write mean comments about people?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts