Wednesday, May 11, 2016

REVIEW | CoverGirl Katy Kat Matte Coral Cat




CoverGirl website description:
Calling all Katy Kats! Our new Katy Kat Demi-Matte Lipstick is a purr-fect collection of velvety soft and luscious-feeling lipsticks with a demi-matte finish created by the one-and-only Katy Perry.
With 11 shades in all, discover a new matte lip look you’ll love that’s not flat or dry.



Pros
Lightweight
Cute packaging

Cons
Need to prep lips perfectly
Not super creamy (looks dry on lips)
Slight odor? Not a pleasant scent
White matte packaging will probably get dirty easily

Price
$7+ for 0.12 oz / 3.5 g

Verdict
Upon first swipe this isn't super pigmented, but it might just be the protective layer the lipstick has on the exterior. Not much to say about this lipstick, standard orange/coral.  
Matte lips are a bit high maintenance unless you religiously exfoliate/moisturize your lips. I used to when I was younger, but I don't really wear lipcolor unless it's for photos. I noticed recently that I mostly reach for moisturizing lipsticks out of convenience. 

I purchased Coral Cat because it's a bright color I'll actually reach for.

Repurchase?
No.

Would I recommend it?
To be honest I don't think the wearable colors in this line are super unique unless you're into purple, dark burgundy or black lipsticks (personally I'd never wear them). I would've tried the red if I didn't already have staple red lipsticks (Maybelline ColorSensational Matte and 24HR wear, swatches here and here).

Me with the lipstick on in natural light
I feel like sometimes the lip swatches alone doesn't show the effect of the color on your face, so here ya go. I always like to wear oranges/corals as opposed to pinks because they're bright but not TOO bright compared to red lipsticks. Also it just complements my complexion better

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts